From Windows to Apple's OS

When migrating from Windows to Apple's OS beware of the consequences and be prepared to look for workarounds for your software, especially if you are a serial blogger, writer, and social media content provider.

So I caved in and finally purchased my first MacBook Pro. So far I have no regrets, actually I love it, everything about it. The design, weight, ergonomic feel, and ease of use are what set the MacBook pro series apart from other laptops. But what I find myself missing most, the only thing really, is Microsoft's Windows Live Writer! Arguably the greatest blog writing tool ever made. Unfortunately, for Steve Jobs this amazing software is not available for Mac's OS, and it's a real pity too because I have so many journal entries backed up on my Window's Live Writer software; I haven't even posted my summer vacation posts yet.

I don't see a work around for this coming down the pike anytime soon either, so I went ahead and downloaded MacJournal, the next best thing for WLW. So far it's smooth and operational. I like the typing experience and relative ease of use.

I picked up a MacBook Pro at Bic Camera yesterday for 74,000 yen [$900] after signing the contract for home internet service. Retail for this MB is about 114,000 [$1600]out the door, so I got a $400.00 discount on a 3 month deal. Not too bad. Coupled with a wireless internet router set up that fits right in my pocket. I'm running 40mps, which is the fastest in Japan at present.

For those of your who are contemplating whether you should migrate over to a completely different operating system, and are not sure how much software you'll be able to migrate over to your MacBook, ask a sales support representatives first.

Partitioning your hard drive on your Mac is possible, and is a doable option of you have the patience and technical ability to do it. This is done by downloading a program called VMware which partitions off your hard drive by allocating space for your window's software. How much space is allocated is up to you. I didn't like the idea of having to run two separate operating systems; didn't need the clutter and the extra strain on my brand new MacBook. Maybe I am overreacting.

At any rate, I gave up a lot when I walked away from Window's Live Writer. MacJournal was a waste of money. I didn't like the user-interface. The whole thing was slow and clunky. It wasn't as robust and streamline as the Window's Live Writer.

My idea of an excellent blog writer software is one that allows you smooth transition between the software and the blogging platform. For example, I could arrange the layout of the blog template directly from the software first and then press one button to submit the post write into my blogging platform so easily.